I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Reading

Just picked up this book yesterday. I bought it for the beach, BUT I can't seem to keep it closed. LOVE it...a must have for an obsessed fan like me!

I finished Debbie Macomber's Hannah's List a couple days ago. It had me crying in chapter one and made me realize AGAIN why I love reading her stories. She is constantly praised for her ability to write womens' stories...this time she shows what she can do with a man's journey.

My summer reading program for my kids and their cousins is in full swing. My niece and nephew together have already read over 1,000 pages. They make their Aunt Scrappy very proud. Manga Dork better get her rear in gear if she wants to win any of the auction items at the end of the summer!

What are you reading?

11 comments:

Together We Save said...

It is great that you have your kids reading this summer. I have always loved to read and my kids do too. But right now I have to admit... I am a blog reader. I just love hearing about peoples lives!

tammy said...

Hannah's List was good, wasn't it? I cried too. I just finished another that I liked, Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin (I think...I'm so bad with names!) And now I need to start a new one.

Kristina P. said...

Is the book that good? I am obsessed with Real Housewives. Can't get enough. That Danielle is CUH-RAAAZY.

Scrappy Girl said...

Kristina...I have only read a few pages so far...but I can't quit! lol

laterg8r said...

i've been reading robert munsch books lately LOL :D

the girls can't get enough of him!

gigi said...

I'm just starting Charles Martin's "The Mountain Between Us". I'll let you know if it's worth reading. I've read all of his other books and loved them.

DesertHen said...

I will have to add Hannah's List to my list of books to read this summer. I'm currently reading Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky and have finshed two Nicholas Sparks books in the past few months.

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! looks good!!!!
i read the 2 hunger games books... and gonna read the 3rd. they're pretty good.... not like "the best" but still good. :)

Chanda said...

I am reading a yard sale find...Dolly Parton's Bio...Dolly. Its great, so funny and had someones wedding pictures stored away in there and one of them was the part of wedding party mooning the camerea. Should have heard me hootin' when I found those. It is a great book though, she is so funny and has a great story to tell. What a funny kid she was,.

CB said...

I love Debbie Macomber but lately I have been reading all things Nora Roberts. I have been stuck in the house and I just really needed a bunch of juicy love stories - hee hee!!

mCat said...

SOunds like you have lots of good reading going on. I am still trying to catch up on all my Runner's world mags. I'm such a loser