I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Home...Let's Do it!

We had some rain the last couple days and it made fog come up from the snow. It was very pretty.

Today is sunny with pretty blue skies and fluffy white clouds! I feel good.
After playing around with the idea of buying a home in town we have finally decided what we are going to do...
We are going to do a remodel of our home on the farm!!! I am really excited about this now.
When we purchased the farm we knew that the house was not our dream home...the gorgeous land was a dream! We have been saving and planning and dreaming and almost giving up...then dreaming again...for the last few years.
Here are a few of our plans...
*Build 3 car garage
*Turn current 1 car garage into family room with stone fireplace
*Put wider doorway from kitchen to family room
*Turn current family room into a guest bedroom and entryway from front door {I've always wanted an entryway where I can have a pretty table and mirror and seasonal decorations that say "welcome to our home."}
*Finish full basement creating a 3rd bathroom...study or "man cave" for Dr. Hubby...fitness area...game room w/ pinball machine, pingpong table, air hockey table, DVD collection, and tv area with game systems.
*New porch posts on both porches
*Stone, brick, vinyl siding for our house and new garage
*landscaping
I am not sure how long all of this will take, but I would love to start ASAP after Vegas next month and finish in time for Manga Dork to have a big sleepover for her 15th birthday in September!
I look forward to sharing this journey with you through photos {and probably a couple posts venting frustration!}
I'm off to watch HGTV!
Are you going to do any remodeling this spring?

14 comments:

CB said...

Sound like a big job but it will be lots of fun!

We built our original house 18 years ago and added on 1200 sq.feet and remodeled 10 years ago. Both were very fun experiences:D

I only want to update my kitchen now but it won't be this spring!

Good luck with your plans!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh, that is such a great idea!!! Living on the land in the country....ahhhhh HEAVEN!

It will be so fun to see what you come up with!

Kristina P. said...

I wish! I would love to remodel our kitchen.

mCat said...

How exciting!

The times we have done some remodels have been real tests of our patience, but we are always glad with the finished project.

Can't wait to start seeing pictures!

Pam said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I think I am going to take this spring to declutter.

Jackie said...

Wow...sounds really exciting! Can't wait to see photos of the remodel. The fog coming off the snow is beautiful and I wouldn't want to move to town after seeing that.

Jackie

Da Bergs said...

I would love to redo my kitchen but $$$ not this year... I love that old home you have posted!!!

Multiple personalities.. said...

Woo-hoo! You go with your bad redecorating self! Can't wait to see pics of your progress, it should be awesome. My hubby would LOVE the 3 car garage.

P.S. I left a little something for you on my blog. :-)

tiki_lady said...

i can't wait to see it, no remodling but I do have some projects in the works!

DesertHen said...

How exciting! Look forward to hearing about the progress as it unfolds.

No remolding here, but would love to finally have some landscaping done.

Sierra said...

I'm stuck in a silly apt for the time being but some day when I'm in a house! :)

CreativeMish said...

Yes! This sounds so exciting! I can hardly wait to see the progress!

tammy said...

I am so excited for you! I hope you'll blog the whole thing. My big plans? Hopefully getting wood floors. I'll even settle for laminate at this point.

kado! said...

those are some great plans! it will turn out beautiful!