I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Sending All My Love

***Since posting this I have found out that the cards are discarded and not delivered to protect soldiers from those who would do them harm by sending "anonymous" cards.***

A family member gave me a great idea for a project for the girlies. We are going to make Christmas cards to send to...

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue
NW Washington, DC 20307-5001

You should join us too! Just think of all the spirits we can raise if we fill that place with jolly holiday wishes!

Also, I would like to send cards to YOU! Email your address to girl {dot} scrappy {at} yahoo {dot} com. Can't wait to pop them all in the mail!

TGIF Friends!

6 comments:

mCat said...

What a great idea!

And my email is attached to my comment, I would love a card!! : )

CreativeMish said...

What a fabulous idea!!!

gigi said...

We done this before and it's such a great idea :)

I want a Christmas card too!

The Momster said...

Not to put a damper on this - but check out snopes.com. This address will not work and the cards will not be delivered. However they do tell you where you can send cards if you want to update the post. We researched this last year while my nephew was serving in Iraq.

Happy Holidays!

koralee said...

Now that is a wonderful idea...too bad about the fact that they will not get there....sigh!

Hugs for a Joyful weekend...xoxoxo

Sierra said...

What a great idea, love it! Am I too late to get a card from you? I'm sending you my addy just in case. ;)