I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Texas Day 4.0

After Dr. Hubby's last class we took a taxi up Commerce Street to Market Square {Mexican Market or El Mercado}. There were stages with performers, food booths, and lots and lots of shopping!

I love all the fiesta decorations. My littles would have loved all the pinatas!

Performers were everywhere...even in the food court.

Lots and lots of cowboy hats! Dr. Hubby came home with lots of cowboy items {so sexy}.

Her costume was so blingy and fantastic!

Longhorn skulls and horns.

The colors were absolutely brilliant!

Paper flowers. Everything was a visual feast.

I regret not bringing the kiddos a puppet. So fun!

I am not a fan of Day of the Dead decorations. Skeletons creep me out.

We ended our last day with dinner at Cafe Rio with my mexican cousins. My dad's brother's first wife was mexican. I haven't seen them for 10 years. This was a real treat!
Our flights home were fine. We arrived home last night...and as usual my first day home has been loads and loads of LAUNDRY!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Funny, because I am placing an order for Cafe Rio, in about 5 minutes. Pork salad, here I come!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! The colors are fabulous.. That is awesome that you were able to see your cousins. I love when that happens

just call me jo said...

I need me some of those longhorn heads. Really! I'm glad you're home safe and sound. It's always nice to go but nice to get home, too.

DesertHen said...

What beautiful, lively colors!

How fun that you were able to see your cousins.

Don't you just hate all of the laundry at the end of a trip...ugh!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It sounds like it was a great trip!
Sorry about having laundry to do.

Debbie said...

That sounds like a blast. And how fun to catch up with family!

tammy said...

Love all the fiesta colors too. But the Day of the Dead stuff I could only use for Halloween. Connor would love it.

mCat said...

I love all the dresses. Every time we are in Cancun, I am always searching for just the right one. At least it gives me a reason to keep going back.
Your Texas trip has looked to be a nice mini vacay!

Sue said...

what a fun and colorful post!!!


I do cafe rio at least once a week.

glad you got home safe and had a good time.

tiki_lady said...

what a fun trip! I love the adventure!