I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Help!

**For your own safety...there are no pictures in this post.**

I am praying to make it for one more hour today...

The 2 little ones have fought all day...they have cried...they have got into the fridge 2,467 times...they have stripped naked...covered themselves in hand soap...and jumped on the trampoline. I am sweaty...still in pjs...BRA~LESS...smelling "ripe"...with oily hair that hasn't even been brushed. I never have company and the grandma to Manga Dork's BFF just stopped by. We sat in my semi-clean living room (I tried not to sit in front of a fan...LOL) and talked or at least tried to talk. My children were so mean! They hit her with toys, climbed on her, talked right in her face, pulled on her arms...and I kept telling them to quit, but they wouldn't listen. I "jiggled" over and smacked Cutie on the butt. I rarely spank in front of anyone, but nothing was working. I am so humiliated and I feel a headache coming on...please Lord just let me make it til 9pm.

Sorry...I had to get this out. I need to read Red Riter's post about missing this kind of stuff again!

11 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

LOL You are funny! If you need to read it again, here it is...
http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-miss-those-cheerio-moments.html
But....Here is a tip...
Get up BEFORE your children do in the morning and get your shower, frou frou your face and hair and be ready for combat when they awake
:o)
Believe it or not, your organization will go far in reminding them that you are the boss! Don't forget that while you are enjoying "those moments"

coreymom40 said...

Whew. Hang tough. Days like that ARE exhausting....

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh, I have lived that day almost exactly. Many times in fact :0)

Lillian J. Banks said...

hmmm- after smelling ripe more than I want to admit- and having pjs be my staple of clothing with two kids 20 months apart (2 and just turned 4) and a baby too, all I can say is *breath* on days like this it is an uphill battle to try and get anything done. So don't fight it, relax, sit down with them and pay them attention (in my case referee them) and let go of everything on the 'to do; or the 'want to do' lists. BReathing in gratitude is sometimes the only thing that gets me through an hour on these days. Sometimes 10 min. I try to think of things I am grateful with a deep inward breath (not easy to do when my 2 yr old spills tanning lotion all over herself and my new bed spread that took me four years to get- just happened yesterday) *yes I did spank her- and I don't believe in spanking- but 'sweet and sour'; as we have named her has gotten it more than all my others combined. Anyways- when I breath out I try to let go of my frustration and anger. I breath while I carry them to time out- after one bites the other, or hits, or kicks, or scratches, or pinches, etc, etc, etc. *breathing again* Hang in there :)

laterg8r said...

oh gosh, is it the HEAT? we are broiling where we are and it is making us all cranky and mean. take em outside and hose em down LOL!

ps - love that you have a coon in your freezer - that gave me the giggles :)

Multiple personalities.. said...

Oooh honey, I'm so sorry you had THAT kind of day! I wish I was able to give some type of sound advice, but I can't since when I do have days like this, I tend to black out the sheer horror of it. Hang in there SIStah, you'll make it.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, they're will be days like this, my mama said :)

Hope today is better than yesterday!!

Jen said...

I hear you, some days bedtime can not come fast enough.

DesertHen said...

I'll come babysit and send you on a spa day if you will come to my office, plan a horse show, run the thing and deal with 40 plus parents of 4-H kids! I want to run and hide at the moment!

tammy said...

Isn't that how it always goes when people just drop by?

Wonder Woman said...

YOU. ARE. NOT. ALONE!!!!!

For any of it. Being ripe at 4 pm, messy house, disbehaving children, praying for strength......you are not alone!