I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Lady of Leisure

Today we are going to venture into historic downtown New Bern. We are going to a pottery shop called "The Accidental Artist." I am going to paint Lee DeWyze {my cat not the American Idol} a food dish.

We are also going to my fave used book store in the world..."The Next Chapter." I am hoping she has something by Debbie Macomber, Jan Karon, Nicholas Sparks, and Sophie Kinsella.

What author would you be looking for?

Are you ultra chic and now read books on your kindle or nook?

6 comments:

Jingle said...

Art AND books? That sounds like the perfect day if you ask me! Have fun!

Kristina P. said...

I am an old fashioned book kind of girl.

Anna said...

I do read books on my nook, tyvm. :)

Although I stumbled upon a bookstore closing a few days back, where everything was at least 40% off. I walked out of there having spent almost $90. So now I have actual books to tide me over for a while.

Only problem, they don't fit in my purse as well.

just call me jo said...

Anna(above comment), you have only to get a bigger purse. ;o)

Yes, art and books--my ideal day. Have a good one.

tammy said...

Sounds like fun! I would be looking for the same authors as you. Luvpilot bought me a Kindle last Christmas. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I really do. Especially the not having to wait until I can get to the store for a new book.

mCat said...

Still trying to buy into the Kindle thing. Everyone I know that has one loves them, but I just can't pull the trigger. Maybe because I can't seem to stay on top of my reading list anyway. Why make it worse? : )