I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Video Night...On Crack!

Anybody can pull off "Video Night"...right? Get the movie...pile in front of the tv...provide a snack or three. Well, I decided to take our "Video Night" to the next level.

Here's how we celebrated with a "Toy Story 3 DVD Premiere Party."


While grocery shopping I picked up mac n cheese, cheezits, gummies, and cupcake fixins' for our dinner. Not the most nutritious of meals...but most video night meals aren't balanced nutritiously...right?! For an added touch I got plates and cupcake decos from the birthday section. My mom had bought the movie for the girls, but you could buy it, rent it, PPV it, or even request it at the library! Free is a great price!

For some added flair I dug around in the kids' room and pulled out everything they had from Toy Story 3.

A yellow $1 plastic table cloth and some green napkins from my stash of birthday leftovers made the table very festive. Cutie asked me "Who's birthday is today?"

I had also picked up Toy Story 3 pjs for the girls. They needed long sleeve pajamas and I usually wait and pick them up for occasions like this. I would have bought them anyway...but this way they feel SPECIAL!


Can you feel the excitement building?! No?...


How about now?! I had to go to the Boys Section to get the pjs. For some reason several of the Toy Story items are geared more toward boys. Note to Disney/Pixar...this movie is more of a "unisex" theme...more girl stuff please!


Mr. PricklePants was eyeing the Cheezits....
and Buttercup wouldn't stay out of the gummies so we sat down to start our celebration.
While in the birthday section I had spied a clearance rack with this kit marked down from $6 to $3! Fun!

Even "Big Baby" was excited to color a ring! {That baby creeps me out in the movie}

Our fave 2 cousins were visiting so they joined us for the party. Coloring the rings was a fun activity.

I even had to do one!

Cousin Beth found out what happens when you lick what your colored!

After eating the mac n cheese the girls each had a yummy cupcake.

Movie time!
The girls were still chattering about it the next day! Mission Complete!

11 comments:

Sondra said...

Party, party, PARTY! You are such a great Mom! All of the extra effort you did to make the movie special for the family is building wonderful memories! I loved the PJ's and all the goodies. The rings were cool and green tongues too! I haven't seen it yet. I've been watching redbox to pick it up - maybe I'll find a copy this weekend - although our video night will be nothing like yours. Good Job Mom!

mCat said...

That looks like just plain F.U.N!

Sissy would love something like that! I should have been more creative instead of just popping it in and snuggling to watch it!

Great job mom

just call me jo said...

Wow! Now that's what I call a video party. You go girl! Looks like fun everywhere.

gigi said...

I wish I would have been there too!! Such cute kids and pj's!

laterg8r said...

omg - awwwwwesome party - gonna have to go look for those pj's for my girls (which store did you get em from?) they sooo need to do more of this for girls :D

Scrappy Girl said...

PJs were from Walmart...they were in the special Toy Story 3 section...or they may be in the boys section!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so much fun!

Dana and Daisy said...

that is so so cute! Did you find any Toy Story Tums? I think I ate too many Toy Story Funfetti Cupcakes! hee hee!

tammy said...

Oh my gosh. I loved the idea when you posted in on FB, but I love it even more to see all that you did! So fun!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I must have missed your phone call, cuz I sure would have been there!!!!!
Looks like so much fun.

CreativeMish said...

I love the idea of having a movie theme night when you watch the new movies! Great times! and great memories!