I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Fun!


It felt so good to be with my family this Thanksgiving. I haven't had the chance to travel "back home" much this year. Can you guess what my dad and Wild Child are looking at?!


The deer! The kids go nuts when they come into the yard. The one on the far left was actually looking at them through the window.


A favorite thing to do at Grandpa and RubyNan's house is playing the piano. I believe Wild Child is musical...heaven help her with us as parents. That's almost as bad as being very athletic...LOL!


After the piano concert we were called into the feast. Wild Child immediately ran for Grandpa's chair. My dad put her out quick! See his phone on his side...he carries it and a scanner for his wrecker service...with all the ringing and noise you always know when he is coming near!


When we gathered around the table, we noticed Cutie was missing. We found her naked and asleep in RubyNan's sewing room!


I took time to put Fall colors on everyone and we didn't even get a group photo! Wild Child had an "accident" and ate her dinner bottomless.

After the feasting we were stuffed and ready to be lazy. Dr. Hubby and Manga Dork took advantage of the air mattress in the sewing room. We watched "This Christmas."

My mom and dad are great! My dad is shy about affection and attention. He usually starts using humor to deflect any mushy moments. I am so lucky they chose to adopt me. I am blessed.
After all the feasting and laziness we went outside and visited BFF Ruth. It was nice to see her too. My kids love her.
What a great holiday! Thank you God for everything!

12 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Scrappy Gal,
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was good also. The nap after lunch was so badly needed. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pictures. Thank you for adding me to your list.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

DesertHen said...

Scrappy, it looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving....=) Your parents are so cute!! Those deer in the yard remind me of living in Idaho and looking out our windows to find deer eating the lilac bushes or the hay off the back of my hubby's work truck. Thank you for sharing your day with us...=)

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW, deer! Awesomeness!
Loved the pictures. Your parents look so sweet.
Glad to see it was a happy day for you and your family!

tiki_lady said...

such fun!

Wendy said...

Nothing better than Turkeytime with the family! I have enough left-overs to feed a small army!

Looks like fun was had by all!

Adventure girl said...

What a sweet, sweet blessing! I am SO happy they adopted you as well!

Jan said...

What a blessing Scrappy. Everything looked so amazing and fun. Love the deer and the kids. Cute. Parents are the best. Great story.

MERRIANNE said...

everyone looks so loving and friendly!! i can tell that you have a WONDERFUL FAMILY!!!!! ♥

HP_Twilight_Freeek said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. I love deer, myself. Accidents are common in our family too. :-D

Us said...

What a wonderful family day! You do have alot to be thankful for! Love the little one asleep in the sewing room naked! LOL!

Richard Lawry said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I know I sure did.

An Arkie's Musings

Messy Jess said...

That is such a sweet picture of your parents!