I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Charlie the Pygmy Goat Who Thinks He's a Horse...

Meet Charlie the Pygmy Goat. He is the smelliest thing on the farm. You are in BIG trouble if you get downwind of him! He has always thought he was a horse. We have 4 other goats and he refuses to have anything to do with them. He is only happy if he is with the horses. Yesterday evening he decided to pick on Tony the Belgian cross horse.

He was running Tony in circles. If Tony would stop he would head butt his back legs.

We tried scolding Charlie and he wouldn't listen.

Tony would dip his head at him and run away.

Charlie was so persistent he didn't even notice us throwing apples to get his attention. We also thought this would stop Tony.

Tony kicked Charlie in the side one real good time. All Charlie did was stand on his back legs, bow his head, and head for Tony's back legs again.


Tony even got all kung fu on him....I can only imagine how cool this pic would be with a Nikon (Hint Hint).

We were unable to get Charlie to stop and Tony was getting sweaty. I was starting to worry about Tony! I called my FIL to tell him what was going on. Charlie continued to harass Tony all the way to the water troughs. FIL couldn't get him to quit before Tony kicked him very hard. It was getting dark. FIL said Charlie was bleeding and it looked like one of his horns were broke. I took my car to search for him. I found Tony, but Charlie was nowhere to be found. FIL was going to look for him this morning. So far I haven't heard anything...

9 comments:

Jan said...

You are close to being the Pioneer Woman today girl. That was some great pictures. I could feel the pigmy pain. What a hilarious scenerio. I would have been roaring and squealing like a little pig. Thanks for getting those shots for us to see.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! I do hope the animals are both ok!! A pygmy goat who thinks he's a horse is too hilarious, though ;)

The Momster said...

You need to have an animal therapist intervene with that poor goat :) Seriously, I hope FIL finds him and he's okay. But poor Tony...

Pancake said...

I need to borrow that goat! Someone to make me run and head butt me when I stop!

chelle said...

This has happened at my parents horse ranch all the time. Interesting isn't it? M

Redhoodoos said...

I hope Charlie's okay! But wow - Tony sure put up with a lot. Beautiful horse. Keep us posted on Charlie.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!! Not many posts make me laugh out LOUD but this one DID!!!

thanks for the laugh...you know I needed it!!!!

Christal said...

to funny about the goat! cool pics though.
your girls are so cute love the fashion show and first day of school pics! fun times eh! well hope all else is good . thanks for your thoughtful comments on my blog you are awesome!!

CreativeMish said...

That is so funny how the goat is running around with the horse!!