I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Putting the "Grand" in Grandma!

On Monday evening my mom and 85 year old grandma arrived at our home. I was SO excited. They drove 4 hours to attend Wild Child's Grandparent Day at her preschool. FIL and MIL chose not to attend and left almost as soon as my family arrived. The little guy in yellow is the one Wild Child talks about all the time...she even named her rabbit after him. How cute!

The kids performed songs for the grandparents. My grandma went on and on about how Wild Child was the star out of the group. I appreciate how my family treats our adopted children exactly the same as Manga Dork.

Wild Child got to show them her classroom and all the decorations for Christmas!

The preschoolers made quilt blocks for this quilt. They also tied the knots. On Dec. 12th one lucky raffle winner gets to take this home. I hope it's me...

After a trip to our favorite doctor's office we hurried back to our home. My grandma was worried that it would snow and they wouldn't get back home (it was 52 degrees..heehee).
When they left I found this in the bathroom. My grandma had left it for me. She sells vegetables from her garden over the summer and then gives alot of it to her grandchildren and great grandchildren...she always says "Don't tell Papa!" At Christmas and on our birthdays we always get double the money because she "sneaks" and gives us some from "her money." She says "Don't tell Papa or he won't give you any of his money."
Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Jan said...

That is so awesome Scrappy. Love the Grandma coming to town times. Great sneaky thing in the bathroom.

chelle said...

You have a wonderful family. I love that your Grandma sneaks money to you. M

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Love the pictures of all the phone and the sweet surprise from Grandma. What a sweetheart! It brought tears to my eyes. I miss my grandma. Glad you were able to have a good visit.
Did you watch Housewives of the OC? What did you think about the end? The new wife? HMMMM
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Marchelle said...

what a precious grandma!! that's sweet of her!

and what stinky inlaws! =/

MERRIANNE said...

she really is a GRANDma ♥ i love these pictures!!!!

Wendy said...

Grandma's are the best!!! It's so awesome they were able to visit. Wow...I hope I'm bouncing my great-grandbabies at 85 on my knee! What beautiful & graceful women!

I miss both my grandmother's terribly! They were grand old gal's with hearts of gold!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I LOVE YOUR GRANDMA! She is one ROCKING lady! And your mom and her look so sweet together! no wonder you are so sweet! you came from good stock! Too bad the other side, we can't say the same about!