I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pics From The Trip

Going to my parents' home always allows for some great wildlife sightings. This sneaky fox loves to come and get tidbits my mom throws out.

One afternoon my mom was eating lunch and she saw some little fingers reach up on the side of the porch and pull it's cute self up. He wanted her crackers. We say "Aw...how cute." Dr. Hubby says, "It's all fun and games until someone loses a finger." He has a bad case of "too many nights on call in the ER" syndrome.

The 2 little ones love petting the deer...however, Wild Child told Dr. Hubby she was going to take a gun and shoot one and eat it! She is such a tomboy.

My dad loves the deer and he even names some of them. He is always sad when he notices that one hasn't been back for awhile.

My parents' farm is green and lush and sits between two hillsides...this is what happens to Wild Child due to her allergies...thank God for Benadryl.

The girls have all been very close since summer started. Wild Child says Manga Dork is her "bestie." Cutie loves for Manga Dork to make her "fly like Tinkerbell."

One day of our visit was "Girl's Day Out." Manga Dork and I picked up BFF Ruth and her sister, Marilyn and went to town. We ate chinese (my June naughty meal) and shopped ALOT (Marshalls, ACMoore, Gymboree, Hot Topic, The Disney Store, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, and Micheals). FUN! There are some GREAT sales!

We "celebrated" Father's Day while we were there. We gave my dad 3 DVDs and some Dove chocolate covered almonds.

My mom and I got creative on the last night there. We used microfine glitter and metal stencils to make these cupcake ATCs. This is so fun...but we were both very sparkly in the end.
It is always so hard to leave my parents. It feels good to see them, my grandparents, and BFF Ruth. I have been so "homesick" that I actually got down and smelled the "Christmas drawers" in the endtables of my mom's formal living room. It smells like antique ornaments!
I usually need a couple days to shake off the gloomies after coming home. I miss them.
Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Oh poor lil dear...allergies are no joke!! :(

tammy said...

Sounds like the perfect getaway. My boys would be in heaven with the wildlife. Not so much the shopping.

DesertHen said...

It sounds like you had a great time on your trip! Your photos are super...love seeing all the critters. Allergies are so nasty! Our son has allergies and suffers something awful from all of the sagebrush when it starts to bloom! When he was little his eyes would swell shut...so I know how your poor Wild Child feels. Love the cupcake ATCs...very cool!

Dana and Daisy said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some precious time with YOUR family!

Poor wild child, she really has bad allergies. goodness!