I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Branching Out

020/365
This is the tree in our backyard. You have seen it several other times...I usually sit my layouts and cards in its branches or on the ground up against it's trunk. I have loved this tree since we moved here despite it's weird seedy pods it throws all over the sidewalk and porch in the spring. This summer it decided to attract bees...to the point the kids couldn't play on their toys. Will the bees come back? The trees fate is in their tiny little "hands."
I am a chronological scrapbooker. I scrap all my photos. Because of the delays with "our" schoolhouse/scraproom this is my latest layout...Christmas 2006! Wow I am behind. BFF Ruth is in the bottom left corner...today is her bday...she is 93...I mean 53...heehee!

AMR Card Team Challenge
Make a valentine using red, black, white, and one more color of your choice
Inside reads: Be My Valentine
I am loving challenges...so glad I decided to stretch my creative self!

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

chelle said...

Everything looks great. I am glad you are stretching yourself also. Gives me all kinds of ideas! m

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Great pages! You are the Scrappy Girl!
Did you watch the Houswives of the OC? I didn't get to. I am wanting to know what happened.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Anonymous said...

I love it when you prop your work up in that tree! Very cool :) And YAY for you on scrapping! I am WAAAAY behind, personally. I stopped printing my pics so maybe I can catch up SOMEDAY. Like when my kids are grown and I have nothing else to do! haha

Pancake said...

Great tree! Do those bee catchers work???

Wendy said...

My sister has crazy bee's that camouflage themselves on her house and deck. They are the scariest things I have ever seen. Really the hive gets as big as a bowling ball...totally creeps me out! Here in the south we get those mean old wasps that will chase you down and some really freaky horse fly's that will Zap you hard! Maybe there is a trap of some thing that might keep the bee's away. My advice would be to call a pest control company. Hope you get to keep your tree.

I love the color's in the valentine card....reminds me of Twilight...lol! Your so creative! And thanks again for the grab. I love the one with Bella and Jacob...let's face it, that's when we all started to love Jacob. Even though I love Edward more...sheezz...over involved much...heehee!

whoopsadasie said...

That tree is cool..It reminds me a the trees in Hawaii!

Love the card and the scrapbook page. Wish I had someone to "craft" with me! :( Maybe I would get motivated.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

COOLEST TREE EVERY! Love the pictures and the card! You've got a LOT of talent!