I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Letter To Cutie

My sweetest Cutie Patootie,

It is hard to believe you are 3 years old today. It truly seems like only a little while ago that we were fostering your sister and got the call that another baby was on the way. When asked if we wanted you I immediately answered "YES!" You arrived a month early and I was caught completely off guard. On the morning of February 1, 2006 your social worker called and asked if we could come pick you up from the hospital NOW. I called your daddy and then rushed to the camper where your Mama C. was living temporarily. We were SO excited!

We went up to your birthmother's room to see you. You were so beautiful. My heart was beating fast and tears of joy came to my eyes. I also felt sadness for your birthmother. She loved you so much, but could not give you the care you needed. We were friendly with her and tried our best to make taking you as easy as possible. She trusted us with you and your sister. She made it known that she wanted you to be with us if you couldn't be with her.


027/365
The whole family welcomed you, and your big sisters were so happy to see you. Wild Child wanted to be beside your bassinet all the time and Manga Dork loved feeding you. You were a good baby.

The journey of adopting you was a rollar coaster ride with the ups of being a part of your life and the downs of my fears of having to give you back. The day we adopted you is one of the happiest moments of my life. I was officially...your mommy.

Age 3 finds you very happy. You love to make people laugh, but shy away when too much attention is on you. You love puppies and like to pretend you are one. You have a bit of a temper and give your sisters a hard time. You still suck on your "bappy." You love to cuddle and just lay beside me wrapped in a blanket. Most of all....you are very loved.

Happy Birthday Cutie!
Love,
Mommy

Dr. Hubby brought home a small cake to celebrate Cutie's bday...

028/365

She was very excited until we started singing. She melted under the table...

She reminded me of a celebrity hiding from the papparazzi...


She finally got up and blew out her candles...3 times!

We are hoping to thaw out for the "big" puppy themed party on Saturday...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. I like the the quote at the start of your blog--very powerful. Good day to you.

Cheers,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh how fun! She is so dang cute! And I love how she kept hiding under the table! Too cute! She is so lucky to have a mom that loves her as much as you do! What a wonderful thing to hear about in this day and time! Happy Birthday little one!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Hey, what's the news with MIL and SIL-you haven't mentioned them lately! Is it too cold there for them to come over?

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Are they calling for it thaw out before Saturday there? What time is your party? I hope things go well and I can't wait to see the pictures!

chelle said...

Such a sweet post. I too understand these feeling. The moment the adoption is final is wonderful. Happy birthday to all m

Cynthia said...

She sounds like she was worth every second of worry. I sure hope my neice and nephew who had the twin adoption fall through on Christmas get to experience all of this one day.

Happy birthday Cutie!

whoopsadasie said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet little girl!

She is one lucky little girl to have such a loving mommy!

Pancake said...

Happy Birthday to Cutie!! Hope all goes well Sat!

coreymom40 said...

How Beautiful she is, and a wonderful story you shared. I hope she has an awesome birthday!

Anonymous said...

Aww such a sweet post - happy birthday Cutie!

Sondra said...

That was a beautiful letter for Cutie;s birthday. I had know idea she was adopted. She is such a lucky little girl to have you as her mother and a family who loves her so very much. Letters like this are the best gift that will have a lifetime effect. I think it was a wonderful way to say happy birthday. Happy Birthday Cutie!!

The Blonde Duck said...

AWWW! Happy Birthday!

DesertHen said...

What a beautiful letter to your daughter!The pictures are darling...I love how she "melted" under the table. Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl.

Marchelle said...

what a beautiful post to a beautiful girl from her beautiful mama!!