I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sweet Strawberry Summer

006/365
The 2 little ones and I went to the grocery store today...our local small town one where they smile at you and a young man bags and takes your groceries to your car. We also went to the Full Service gas station too...love the feel of old times!
My 6th photo for Project 365 is of the strawberries we bought 2/$5. The little ones love them and I thought they would work great for my diet. I wasn't too optimistic about how they would taste. Let me tell you...they were delicious! The sweet taste of summer on a cold dreary January afternoon.
How do you beat the January blues?

13 comments:

chelle said...

I love winter, so I guess there are no blues here. I just love sledding, skiing and yes even shoveling. It is all fun to me. But I have to say that the sweet taste of summer would put a smile on my frozen face. M

Marchelle said...

those look mouthwatering!!

Richard Lawry said...

Well, some good strawberries would help! We just don't get good fruit here, summer or winter.

An Arkie's Musings

Dana and Daisy said...

I just hunker down with my laptop and blog away and before I know it, it is spring!

Pancake said...

you got strawberries THAT cheap!!! OMG LUCKY!! I am SO jealous!!!! they are TWICE that here.... oh scrappy ENJOY.....

Anonymous said...

Oh wow those look YUM!! I may try strawberries again soon, our last ones were YUCK! haha

I haven't figured out how to bust my blues yet. But I am sure I'll come out of it soon :)

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I haven't figured that out yet, but I'd be glad to try some of those strawberries to see if that worked! :-) In case you got too many of them!

Wendy said...

YUMMMMIE! A little taste of summer is always good! Now, if it was just warm enough to use my outdoor grill...lol! Come on spring...hurry up!

Kaci said...

Those look delish!

Us said...

I think I can taste them! Yummo!!! We had pasta salad last night and it reminds me of Summer! xo

Jen said...

They look incredibly good! I love fruit in the winter!

Adventure girl said...

Those are beautiful! I don't get the blues in the winter but I LOVE to hybernate like a bear;)

DesertHen said...

Beautiful berries!! They look so good!