I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Schoolhouse Drama

Who knew that my schoolhouse would make people act like schoolchildren!

Let's go back to November 2007...
Scrappy is starting on her schoolhouse...SIL selling Creative Memories and Scrappy is planning to sell Close to My Heart...Scrappy tells SIL she can put her stuff in the playroom closet to keep the companies "seperate." Scrappy refers to closet as SIL's.

Fast Forward to Summer 2008...
SIL loses Creative Memories account and goes back to school to be a nurse. Schoolhouse plans change and it is going to only be a private scrap space.

Fast Forward to November 2008...
Schoolhouse is finished. Scrappy moves in and SIL brings her supplies to the closet. Scrappy puts her empty totes and some cleaning supplies in there too.
On Thanksgiving (Scrappy out of town) SIL moves in large sewing table to closet because she just needs it out of her house. Scrappy worries what else she is going to move in. Scrappy says "Scrap stuff only."

Fast Forward to Present Day...
Scrappy organizing schoolhouse notices that closet is going to be needed for sweeper, extra toys & movies, more empty scraptotes...sewing table must go this coming weekend. She tells SIL on New Year's Eve when she calls. Evidently this upsets SIL, MIL starts questioning (lying to) Scrappy acting like SIL has told her nothing.
On Sat...they don't move it. On Sun...Scrappy calls them on their way home from game and tells them it must go...it is making indentions on the new carpet and she needs it out of the way. SIL says they are not doing it this weekend that it may be next weekend. Scrappy acts like "schoolchild" and hangs up on her. She just got tired of listening to the STUPID.

Well...evidently "schoolchild behavior" is catching...MIL said they moved the sewing table AND all SIL's scrapping stuff out.

At first I was hurt and afraid I had hurt her feelings. Then I remembered how they try to bully and take over everything. It is hard for me because I am soft-hearted and let them run over me alot, BUT I am going to tell her that she is welcome to scrap and to put her scrap stuff in the closet. If she gets mad and refuses...well that is her choice. Maybe it is for the best...

New year...new drama!

16 comments:

Pancake said...

Thats a lot of DRAMA! You have realy learned to stand your ground! I am proud of you!

Elizabeth said...

Wow that's drama!! Good for you for standing your ground. It's your school house therefore it's your rules!! :)

Marchelle said...

i am so coming down there after study hall! i got your back sista! ;)

Dana and Daisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana and Daisy said...

I take it back, that would be really snarky, I wouldn't really do that, but I'd be tempted.

It is hard when you live close to your in-laws. So much that your daily lives intermingle. I would probably invite her to come scrap, but not entertain thoughts of sharing space unless it was equally owned. Maybe you can still offer that much when feelings simmer down.

I shared studio with two other artists once who I did not know personally. It was hard because we didn't talk about expectations up front. Eventually, I felt like I was taken advantage of because I payed an equal amount of the rent but had the least amount of space. So, I opted out of the arrangement. With family it would be even harder, because feelings get mixed in.

It's sad that your school house which you had high hopes for great times is getting between you and SIL and MIL. I hope you all work it out soon.

tiki_lady said...

that is so much drama all the time! I'm glad I live away from family.

The Blonde Duck said...

I think drama is ingrained in families. Why not just rent storage space?

Adventure girl said...

Ick! I hate drama. That would make me a nervous wreck. I hate that for you. It makes me love living alone even more;)

whoopsadasie said...

Wow...Scrappy...HAPPY NEW YEAR!! lol!! New year...same drama!! Tell her to save the "drama" for her mamma!! Good for you sticking your ground!!

Redhoodoos said...

Sorry for the un-fun drama!! Good for you for speaking up!

MERRIANNE said...

that is some DRAMA, SCRAPPY MOMMA!
but you always handle things well.... so i know it will all be ok.

Lisa Loo said...

You are right--big drama! Sorry it is so tough. It such a wonderful place you have created to be creative--you should be able to enjoy it--guilt free. Hold your gorund!!

Marilyn said...

UGH, Honestly, I don't know how you do it!!! Your schoolhouse, your rules. Maybe it is time to have a sit down with hubby and figure out some new ground rules with his fam? Though I know how tough that will be. A bunch of ka-kniving little wenches!

Cynthia said...

I'm in the 'it's probably for the best' category. I wouldn't say anything until things calm down. You may or may not want her back in then.

Did your SIL get screwed in the CM bankruptcy? I wondered how that would affect the reps.

chelle said...

These two should get their own show. Desperate in laws. What do you think? Is there enough material? M

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Tell the SIL to save the drama for her momma! LOL
Oh, and tell them both the villagers called...they want their idiots back!