I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Emptying My Brain

*Manga Dork's volleyball team won last night...she is like a new player...so much confidence...and where did she get that serve?!

*This back to school stuff is KILLING me.

*My computer is STILL refusing to upload photos...I'm calling tech support and telling on it.

*Why does there always have to be stupidity from family? Remember when Manga Dork didn't get to go camping with her cousins because they were bringing 2 16-year old boys along at the last minute? Well, that is the same aunt and cousins that saw the American Idol concert with us. Our punishment for making an "unpopular" parenting decision...they did not let their 2 girls spend a week with us this past summer. The first time in 10 years! We had gotten our AI tickets before the camping incident.

The aunt refused to spend the night at our home the night before the concert (she let the girls)...I had to get 5 kids ready the next day without her (she stayed with MIL/FIL). After the concert she said she was going to run in their house and get her pjs...she hopped out of the car and said "See ya in the morning" and shut the door real fast...the next day she left without even saying goodbye.

I felt so used and yucky. She was nice while we were shopping and at the concert. I guess she did the least amount possible with me...

*Having Manga Dork at home kept me on my diet...that's all I want to say about that.

Happy Wednesday!

18 comments:

Becky said...

Girl...you must have thick skin! I would have been so hurt by her doing that! I think would have followed her into the house and been like Wwwhaatt!!! YOU are the wrong one here, NOT ME! UGH!!

Computers are SO frustrating! I would be so mad if I couldn't upload pictures:(

Kristina P. said...

How small and petty of her. Your decision sounds very reasonable!

Pam said...

I agree that this seems small and petty. Refusing to spend the night and help with the kids? Good grief!
Not being able to upload pictures stinks too.

BeccaHill said...

Check your email. I sent those pictures to you!

The Blonde Duck said...

They're your children, not hers. To be spiteful only makes her look worse.

kado! said...

i give up on family too...I have sister-in-laws that completly forget we exist over here on the East coast....seriously one just had a baby and no one even called to tell us....i had to read about it on the hospitals web-page...I'm done!

Sondra said...

Woo Hoo for Magna Dork in her volley ball game. Don't fall of the wagon with he in school.. You can do it...
As far as aunt -- I just shake my head. HOW RUDE!! I would be steaming .... but it's not fare to the cousins. Well... now it is out there and you can let it go. Move on and forget about it. Too bad you can't just have a fun life without inviting all the mean relatives. Such a difference to the fun you have with your family. Too bad...

I would be going crazy if I couldn't load pictures. That sucks... I hope you get it fixed soon.

Kaci said...

That is just awful!! I would be really upset!! :( XOXO

mCat said...

Petty, petty, petty. Auuugggghhhhh

Lillian J. Banks said...

I LOVE that Manga Dork plays VB. Focus on the good around you, and take a break from other family, ug! You can stay on your diet- you are doing too great to quit now. Keep Smiling :)

Claudya Martinez said...

Wow, I'm sorry about the familial discord. I can't believe you are being "punished".

Debbie said...

I think she is acting immature. Which now that I think about it is what started all this in the first place! You should rest easy knowing you did what you needed to.

CreativeMish said...

Too bad we can't pick the relatives huh? I just don't understand people like that!

thatgirlblogs said...

back to school is kicking my butt too!

thatgirlblogs said...

whoops just re-read your post. I have tons of family issues on both sides. All I can say is I'm sorry and the less time you spend with her the better...

Linda said...

Oh, no! Poor you. People, well, sometimes it amazes me the behavior choices. Your family pics are great! Hope Cutie enjoyed preschool. My Ella started 3 year old preschool a couple of weeks ago in Florida. She loves it! Love your blog! Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Multiple personalities.. said...

Congrats to Miss Manga Dork! Good for her! And good for you for staying on your diet, its good that you have each other for support. Yea, I hate it too when family gets stupid like that. I tend to just try and ignore it and stay away from it. And yes, you should totally tell on your 'puter! :-)

CB said...

She sounds like a real winner! So sorry that happened to you. Family is the hardest challenge in life sometimes! Ugh!!