I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Much Better Than A Regular Old Birthday Party!

Easton Town Center Kids Fest Pictures, Images and Photos

This weekend we went to the 2nd "Happiest Place on Earth." I took Manga Dork and her 2 BFFs to Easton in Columbus, OH. We stayed at the Hilton and did alot of this...

pf changs Pictures, Images and Photos

MMM... Cheesecake Factory Pictures, Images and Photos

max n ermas Pictures, Images and Photos

and even more of this...

forever 21 Pictures, Images and Photos

hot topic Pictures, Images and Photos

and we saw this...

I can do bad all by myself Pictures, Images and Photos

It was a good movie. You can expect the same things you get in any Tyler Perry movie...deep very serious themes with a sprinkling of Madea for some comic relief. My only complaint was that they put performances of songs (3 or 4) that seemed really long. I am not a fan of seeing someone sing a whole song in the middle of my movie. Gladys Knight plays a very likeable character and Mary J. Blige's character just seemed unnecessary.

On the ride home the girls couldn't come up with their favorite part of the trip...everything was just so fun. I am thankful my daughter has great friends. I think the shocker of the whole trip was me coming out of Archiver's with only $3.98 worth of merchandise...I had them check my temperature.

Where is your happy place?
Thank you photobucket for the photos...without you I would be nothing but words.

16 comments:

Vanessa said...

MMMMM. Yummy places to eat! Sounds like fun!

And I just noticed your weight loss ticker. Good job!

nikki said...

i love Madea and I can't wait to see that movie. What a fantabulous weekend! I think she should be thankful to have such a wonderful and awesome mom like you :)

Kristina P. said...

I don't really understand how Tyler Perry is in every movie.

I do love me some Cheesecake Factory, that's for sure.

Becky said...

Did I know this...I get confused with bloggers, but have we talked about this before. You live by me?!?!!

Wow! I LOVE Easton!!! It is a beautiful place!!!! Wonderful shopping:) And picturesque.

What a wonderful day!

tammy said...

I could easily do this exact same thing for my birthday.

Pam said...

I would love to go by the cheescake factory. Yum!

Dana and Daisy said...

ha ha! I can't believe that about you either! Hey when we were in Denver, I saw an archiver's off the highway but I was so dang tired I told Steve about 5 miles later and then I said, I don't really want to go back to see it! lol!

All is fine, I'm just rethinking my time devotion to the blog thing. Thank you for thinking of me.

So glad your daughter had a great time on her birthday trip! How awesome!

CB said...

Love PF Chang and Cheesecake factory! Fun times.
I have to say I do not get Tyler Perry movies - but I am sure the girls like it.

Sondra said...

You are such a fun Mom! I'd say that is the best birthday party ever.... well... maybe not as fun as a New Moon/Twilight party -- well (if SIL wasn't there *giggle). It looks like a ton of fun! I can't believe you left a scrapbooking shop for less then 4 dollars. Did you have a tempurature -- it must have been off the charts.
Yeah! I'm number one of the friends who LOVE you! Which is where I need to be *wink*.
Great job on the weight loss! Woo hoo!

The Blonde Duck said...

What a fun weekend! I never understood Tyler Perry movies--but then again, I'm not very serious.

Claudya Martinez said...

You guys have so much fun. It's great.

Crazymamaof6 said...

SO FUN! wish i had that much fun this weekend!

i wanna see that movie. i'll have to go alone though the hubs had no desire to see it.

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a fun time! I'm so excited to do that kind of stuff with my daughter someday.

kado! said...

i ♥ Forever 21!!!

...my happy place is in my bed (alone!)

mCat said...

Looks like so much fun! Manga Dork is a lucky girl!

My happy place? Beach at Cancun. In the hot blazing sun. Headed there in 6 months!! : )

Sierra said...

Oh I like the happiest place on earth = Dland!!!! I haven't been there in a while and look forward to it. Glad you had such a nice time. It is great that you and your hubby take your kids out for a fun getaway trip!