I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Living Up To My Name

Yesterday I went to the scrappy schoolhouse and got creative! Did you know Saturday is World Card Making Day?!

This is a card for my grandparents' 70th anniversary in December. If you look closely you can see the embossing behind the bird...I used a cuttlebug folder.

I used a K&Co. paper pad and its' coordinating embellishments to make this card. The pink and blue rose are pop-dotted to stand out and the dark red flourish above them is a clear overlay.

I love DCWV paper pads, but I am accumulating quite a collection so I got out my Animal Crackers pad to see what I could use. I handcut the tree, monkey, and toucan from a sheet of paper. The toucan is pop-dotted to stand out.

Dr. Hubby's cousin and his wife are expecting a baby boy soon...so I used some more of that DCWV Animal Crackers pad to make them a card. I can't wait to go buy the little boy clothes to go along with it! I handcut the elephant and water droplets and I used Stickles to accent "Little Animal."

Not only am I accumulating paper pads, but my paper flowers are overflowing! I used the DCWV Animal Crackers paper again...this is just one piece of paper...it was already designed in strips...so easy! And on the sentiment I did the one major sin of rubberstamping...I rocked it!...that is what gave me those annoying lines above and below "Thinking of You." argh.
It was fun to create!
What have you accumulated too much of?
How do you plan to use it?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Love them! How nice to get one of these in the mail.
I pick up scraps of fabric when ever I'm at Walmart. I've started making taggie blankets out of them!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

The cards are beautiful.You did a great job on them. What a special treat for anyone to receive.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

The Redhead Riter said...

I love your cards.

I've accumulated too much of everything which is why I am cleaning out! It is so hard to purge.

kado! said...

cards are my favorite to make...I'd love to have a craft nite with you!!!!

...I have too much of everything...thanks for reminding me...I need to get off the computer and clean!!!!

rychelle said...

i'm a (pre-made) card and paper junkie. hallmark is like heaven on earth!

DesertHen said...

Those are fabulous cards! You really did live up to your name yesterday....=) You were just "scrapping" away the day! =D

Let's see, what have I accumulated to much of......I got it; cat hair! It seems to be everywhere I look! Probably because since I have started working again I don't brush the cats like I use to. Wonder if I could knit a sweater...guess it would help if I could knit....he, he.

Sondra said...

Since I have been a recipient of one of your fabulous cards... I know how wonderful they are! I love how creative you are while making them. You are one TALENTED woman!

JennyMac said...

Scrappy..your cards are awesome!

Kim and Dennis said...

Was that a typo? 70 years? Wow! That's a lot of years!

laterg8r said...

great cards :D

can't.have.too.many.scrap.supplies.....EVER!!!LOL!!! :D

tammy said...

So cute!

World Card Making Day huh? I'm afraid I won't be participating. But if it was World Cheesecake Making Day, I'd be all over it since I just bought the stuff to make a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake this weekend (yes, I know that's not on my diet).

mCat said...

I admire you card making, crafty girls. I could't find my way around a craft store with a cane AND guide dog.

Leslie said...

I have way to many cross-stitch patterns. I used to lie to myself and think that someday I would actually do them. Now I have so many, I have accepted they will never get done. But that doesn't stop me from buying them though, oh well. It could be way worse, have you seen that hoarders show on A&E?

Claudya Martinez said...

I love the Safari card!

Sierra said...

You are quite the crafty chicka, love your animal print card!

tiki_lady said...

you have such a wonderful and beautiful gift! such talent. You should get an etsy shop and box up a few occassion cards and sell them. I would so buy some!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job!!! love them all!