I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Things I Have Learned From Back To School...

Back To School Fashion Shows are fun...BUT...planning it on a certain day and at a certain time for your BIL & SIL's schedule and then waiting on them to arrive an hour and a half late is not fun.

The kids all feel special showing off their new clothes...BUT...the kids do not feel special when they do not get to finish all their outfits because BIL & SIL cut it short and want to leave.


This kiddo loves school...BUT...this kiddo does not love the current "find your own seat" situation in the cafeteria. Much stress.

Guinea pigs are great pets...BUT...when thrown 6 feet in the air and allowed to hit the ground a couple times can almost kill one.

Little dog + little dog poop + little kid (Cutie) on her first day of preschool + little brand spankin' new shoe = BIG mess all over the kitchen floor and about 15 minutes with an old toothbrush scrubbing poop out of little shoe sole crevices. Thank God for Clorox!

Attending a volleyball game without the two little ones feels good. Nothing to do but sit back and enjoy the excitement of competition.

When calling tech support for Hughesnet you will ALWAYS get a person with a foreign accent helping you do things that are completely "foreign" to you...BUT...you may luck out and get told that you are always welcome in the country of India...I kid you not.

When foreign tech support helper asks what you do for a living and you reply that you are a Stay At Home Mom...she will then ask the stupid question, "well what do you do with all the free time?" Surely she was joking...

After being invited to India by this offensive person she will find nothing wrong and tell you to call the computer guy...that it is not the satellite...argh.

This week has just about kicked my butt...I am spending the weekend at my parents! Woohoo!

TGIF!

16 comments:

Sue said...

thank heavens when you have such a week, you have place of refuge to go to.


Have a chill out week-end♥

kado! said...

they arrived late AND left early??? RUDE!

the kids look cute!!!

Kristina P. said...

Well, at least the kids look great!

And what do you do with all the spare time? ;)

Jackie said...

The kids look great! It does sound like there is some rudeness going on there...that stinks! We had a difficult first week too and it's improved greatly since then...hope yours does too.

Have a great weekend.

Jackie

laterg8r said...

love that you are always welcome in India! maybe you can send your BIL and SIL :D

Scrappy Girl said...

laterg8r you made me laugh out loud and scare my children...LOL!

Claudya Martinez said...

Have a great weekend. Perhaps you could use the time to plan your trip to India.

Pam said...

I hope you have a stress free weekend. How rude of BIL and SIL!

Kim and Dennis said...

Oh my! Okay, I am laughing at it all, except the poor Guinea Pig!

I think most of us have had those telephone conversations before.
You are so funny!

tammy said...

This post made me giggle.

But I feel your daughter's stress about the find your own seat in the lunchroom. It's always scary at first until you find your friends.

valentine said...

i assume you eat chocolate and nap all day, isn't that what SAHMs do? ;)

The Redhead Riter said...

I am telepathic and I know something...I know that at 12:01 a.m. on 9/7/09, there will be TWO things for you at my blog ♥

http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com

Thanks for being my bloggie friend.

mCat said...

Your BIL and SIL might be my BIL and SIL.

And poor Guinea Pig. I'm surprised he survived!!

thatgirlblogs said...

New Orleans!! Can't wait to see THOSE pictures! Have fun!

CB said...

The kids look great! I always loved doing a back to school fashion show when I was younger too. My boys just don't get into that...go figure??

CB said...

P.S. I hate it when people think stay at home mom's have nothing to do. HELLOOOOOOOOOO