I am doing Project Life 365...you can check out my photos at www.scrappygirlsdailylife.blogspot.com!

Monday, September 7, 2009

I had a great time at my parents' home this past weekend. On Saturday we took our kids to an amusement park. We got there at 6:15 pm...they were closing early at 7:30! We got in for $42 instead of $93 and we had a blast! We would have liked more time, but we laughed, screamed, ate Pronto Pups (corn dogs), and got sticky with freshly made cotton candy!

On Sunday my parents' had a cookout. It was SO nice to spend time with my side of the family and BFF Ruth! It is SO hard to leave after having such a good time. They are so different from the family that is living here on the farm with us.

Cutie was very scared of Lilly-Grace our new puppy. She refused to walk on the floor if the puppy was around. I spent the last couple weeks trying to get her comfortable. This weekend we returned Lilly-Grace to my grandparents. It was so hard because I was already attached to her, but Cutie can not spend the rest of her life going from her bed to the back of the couch.

I just found out we (Dr. Hubby, me, Manga Dork, and hopefully Lil Sis) will be flying to New Orleans on Halloween! I am so excited. Did you know it is labeled the most haunted city in the US? Any good New Orleans travel tips?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

15 comments:

JennyMac said...

New Orleans for Halloween? Can there be a more fun place to be for that holiday? This is awesome.

Glad you had a great weekend.

Richard Lawry said...

New Orleans is great to visit, but keep a close eye on your kids. My teenage daughter was propositioned in broad daylight with her parents standing right there. The French Quarter is neat, but there are many creepy people there. Make sure and get beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde in the French Market. There are lots of great places to eat. The food in New Orleans is fabulous.

An Arkies Musings

Kristina P. said...

I have never been to New Orleans. I think it would be a really cool place to visit, but it's never been a place that I thought about visiting.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Scrappy Girl, you lucky duck.
I have never been to New Orleans, it is on my list to visit. They do say it is a spooky place to visit during the Hallows Eve. Can't wait to see the pics you will post. Loved the pics from the Country Fair. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. What a sweetie to buy the goat and donate it to the 4H'ers. Big heart your Dr. Hubby. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday Day and Labor Day. Stop by soon. I love it when you do. Country Hugs, Sherry

Pam said...

I haven't been to New Orleans in years. I plan to take the kids someday, but hubby is in no hurry to go.
I love walking through the French Quarter.

Claudya Martinez said...

I swear you guys have more fun than should be allowed.

mCat said...

I have been to New Orleans twice and I will NEVER GO BACK. EVER.

Years later, I can still smell the stink of bodies, thrown up alcohol and pee all mixed together.

Every street corner was some hussle or another for money.

My darling co-worker was almost physically accosted several times, we learned we had to be off the streets by dusk.

And seeing a couple go at it (Full on encounter not just levi lovin) in an alley off Bourbon street has pretty much left much to be desired for me and that city.

Stay out of the french quarter anytime near evening. Even the cops are corrupt.

But, you go and have a good time! : )

Sondra said...

I can't believe you had to return your dog. Too bad.. But I'm glad you willing to keep Cutie comfortable in her own house. Did she have a bad experience in the past? Poor little girl.

I'm glad you had a great weekend, AND that you get to go to New Orleans for Halloween. It sounded fun until you mentioned it was the most haunted. I'm truly a scaredy cat. Have a great time and be safe... don't let any goblins, ghouls, vampires, werewolves get you. Unless of course, their last name is Cullens or rippled with pur muscle mass.. LOL!

tammy said...

Ooh...most haunted city. That will be fun to hear about when you get back!

Sue said...

What a perfctly scary haunted place to be for Halloween!

Strange people do come out at night. But the food is fun.

take lots of pictures.

laterg8r said...

new orleans sounds spooky cool - take lots of pics to share :D

The Blonde Duck said...

You gave her up? How sad!

Sierra said...

Have a blast in New Orleans, looks like you had a great weekend! Sorry about the doggie though! Thanks for your thoughtful comments about my race! :)

Multiple personalities.. said...

New Orleans? How fun!!! I'd love to visit that city on Halloween, maybe go on a few ghost tours. That's too bad about the puppy, but you're a good mom for putting your baby first. Maybe you can visit the puppy every once in a while. Hope to see pictures soon!

CB said...

New Orleans is supposed to be a pretty scary place (as far as being haunted) so you should have a bunch of good Halloween stories!